Friday, December 21, 2007

December Happenings

So, it's been a little too busy to point out some of the more recent stuff that's been happening. Though, I've been pretty good about twittering, We're in Detroit visiting Maria's family for the holidays, so I've got some spare time. Here's what we've been up to:

Tool - Memorial Coliseum 12/5/07
With: Freeman, Wags & Maria

Amazing show, killer seats (thanks Scott!),laser lights & perfectly choreographed video like I've never seen. It was on the next level. Maria had to sit down because the video was making her dizzy. It was pretty intense. Bummed it was on a Tuesday night.

I didn't take any pictures or video, but I found some online in addition to this rare, well-produced video from a 1993 Tool show.







































We also went to see Queens of the Stone Age the other night.
QOTSA - Roseland Theater 12/17/07
With: Cooley, Radich, Gabe & Maria

December shaped up to be a killer concert month. Another awesome show. Maria could actually see most of it from the floor. Great set list. Even though it was a Monday night, the crows was really into it - Josh Homme stopped a couple of times to say how great the response was. I don't have any footage or pics of that one either - but here's an amazing QOTSA appearance on the Henry Rollins show from earlier this year. Love the extended jam @ the beginning.



Football - Lions vs Chiefs 12/23/07
Heading to the game tomorrow (our xmas gift to MG's dad). Then we head home Christmas day to spend the eve with my family. Can't wait to see Chris's face when he opens the present from Dan & I (RC car he's wanted for a long time - I built a very similiar one way back in 7th grade)

No comments: